Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
I strongly believe that an attitude of gratitude sweeps away grumbling and complaining. And since all good gifts come from God, all of our gratitude should go directly to Him.
With this in mind, I’m gonna make a list of some things that I’m thankful for right this very moment. (My college roommate used to call it a “happy list!”)
- The sunshine streaming through the back window
- My precious family
- Birds – the variety of them and their unique chirps and songs
- Hot coffee (can I get an AMEN?)
- My health, having full use of my limbs
- Cereal (Cinnamon Chex rock my socks off)
- Cats – especially my great big gentle giant
- Pooper scoopers (litter box cleaning would be excruciating without them)
- Chipmunks with fat cheeks full of nuts
- My comfy, cozy bed
- Facebook, twitter, and Instagram (I LOVE being constantly connected)
- My iPad
- Our two vehicles (life would look a LOT different if we only had one)
- My girl’s adorable toothless smile
- The flowers hanging by the front door
I really could go on and on…….. It does the soul good to sit down and make happy lists like this. I’d love to see yours, and so I invite you to make your own happy list privately or, if you’d like to share, in the comments here! No matter what struggle you may be going through today, there is always much to be thankful for. So, so much.
Everything on my list comes from your gracious hand. I don’t want to take any of your good gifts for granted. Thank you so, so much for all of blessings you give me every day! I recognize and acknowledge that they are from YOU. Help me to have a constantly thankful heart, no matter what’s going on in my life.
In Jesus’ Name,